Thursday, January 5, 2012

And So It Begins...

Hey there everyone!

I'm extremely overweight and as hard as that is to say, I'm saying it.  I love beer, junk food, ordering out, going out to eat and doing very lazy things like watching movies, playing video games and snuggling...but most of all beer.  I'm pretty sure that's going to be my biggest challenge throughout this whole thing...beer, mmmmmm, beer.  I used to be in pretty good shape and was fairly happy with how I felt and looked and now I've gotten to the point where how I feel about myself and how I feel in general is really taking a toll on my life and how I react to the world around me.  I've come across some severe anxiety issues in the last few years, I'm worried about my health and it's very hard for me to even acknowledge how much the people in my life care about me.  I've become so consumed with being unhealthy that it's kind of taken over and quite frankly, I'm done feeling this way.  If I don't change something, I'm going to die.  Now how shitty is it to say that honestly?  Pretty shitty.

So, I've started the Body for Life for Women Program and I'm actually ready for it and super excited.  And by the way, Body for Life is not a diet or some crazy craziness...it's a lifestyle change to what I should be doing for overall mind, body and soul health.  I didn't start out totally gung ho, but instead am trying to set myself up for success.  I have a lot of bad habits that I need to break.  So, the first and so far the easiest change, has been my diet.  Over the last few weeks I've completely revamped my diet for the better and have lost 6.5 pounds already.  I started exercising on Tuesday and haven't had any booze (until tonight) for four days.  For those of you that know me that is a true feat.  I do love me some beers.  Now that I have my diet under control we roll into operation "stop drinking so many damn beers."  The plan for this week is that I can have beers (NOT get drunk, which I don't usually do anyway) Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Next week only Friday and Saturday and thereafter only Saturdays.  In the Body for Life program I get one free day per week so I will have said beers on that day.  As far as exercise goes, I will be doing cardio 3 times a week and weights 3 times a week.  I will also be weighing in once per week.  Before my diet change I weighed 282.5 pounds and I'm down to 276.  Ultimately, I plan on losing 2-4 pounds per week and want to lose at least 50 pounds by July 1st.  My goal weight is 145lbs and I'm really going to try for that within a year and a half, which I think is totally doable.  So, uhhhhh, yeah. ;)

I'll start posting more specific food consumption and workout details soon...I want to do it on a daily basis and include some pictures of dinners...that's another thing!  I'm really expanding on my cooking skill set throughout this as well, making all homemade, healthy dishes for dinner.  So, that's gonna be fun! :)

I love you all and thank you in advance for your support.  I'm not looking to be able to wear super sexy dresses and bathing suits or anything...honestly, I just want to feel good, feel good about myself, improve my life quality and look super hot in some ratty jeans, converse and a super cute sweatshirt.  So start kissing my ass everyone!!!!  Goodbye that is!  Hahahahahahaha! :)  MWAH!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so proud of you and you're going to do awesome! I love the recipe site skinnycrockpot.com all the recipes are delish and super easy too!

    Loves! Matia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you to start your journey! You're going to be amazing. Just keep at it and when it gets hard, thats because it's ment to be! Nothing worth doing is easy! I'm here for you and you already have a huge following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I too am on the same journey. If you need any tips I'd be glad to share. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you , your Frickin awesome, you can totally do this!!!! And you have just motivated me to lose that last 15! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete