Monday, January 9, 2012

Jacq's Back!!!!

Hey EVABODY!!!

Sorry I didn't post anything this weekend, but I'm here now!  So, here's how the weekend went...Saturday was my free day and it was pretty cool.  Jude and I went to our favorite little cafe for lunch and I was really excited to go but I was not impressed, for the first time ever.  The server (who is not our usual, trustworthy server) convinced me to get the homemade meatloaf grilled sandwich and I did not like it and it kind of made me sick later, but oh well.  Later we ordered some sammies and got pretty tipsy, so that was fun.  The whole allowing myself to have beers 3 days in a row was not such a great idea though.  I'm pretty sure I haven't lost anymore weight...but I don't think I've gained any either, so that's good.  It also made it easier for me to flub up on my eating in the evenings.  But it's a new week and I think I'm doing fairly well with this drastic life change so far.  I also didn't get a sufficient workout done this weekend as the rec center isn't open on the weekends.  Geez, now that I'm writing all of this I feel like I kind of failed this weekend...

Well, enough of that...I suppose that's also one of the reasons why this blog is so good for me.  It's forcing me to be more conscious of my decisions and I'm learning a lot about myself and what decisions not to repeat.  Also, on a good note, I got a free 14 day pass to Anytime Fitness that's like 3 minutes from my house so I'm gonna try that gym out and see how I like it and then get a membership or try another gym.  But I went there tonight for the first time and did an upper body workout and I really liked it.  I'm also going to try to start going to the gym in the morning instead of after work.  It's been really hard for me to get up earlier though since I stopped drinking so much because I've been having a harder time getting to sleep at a reasonable hour.  So, I suppose that's another process I need to work on.  From what I understand it's much better to exercise in the morning because it jump starts your metabolism for the day and also forces your body to tap into stored energy (fat) to power your body through your workout because you haven't eaten anything or much of anything yet.

In other super exciting news, Jude and I got Zumba for the Wii this weekend!  I haven't really tried it yet but methinks it's gonna be fun.  And THEN, the most exciting news ever of all time...drum roll please...Jude and I were in the back yard tonight with the dogs and our neighbors, Vicky and Judy, that own a triathlon/marathon/fitness store and training center stopped by and I got to telling them about what I'm doing and they want to help me!  Vicky is also a personal trainer and she wants to help me, so I'll be meeting with her sometime this week.  When I was talking to them about everything and they brought up wanting to help me, I told them I didn't have a lot of money and they said "We're not talking about charging you...we're talking about helping a friend."  I'm pretty much speechless.  So, so, so, so, so, so, so exciting!  They are such wonderful people and I feel very blessed to have them as friends.  I really just have a lot of wonderful people in my life.  I love you all so much!

I'm feeling like this post is a little spacey and I'm going to make sure to post a lot earlier tomorrow.  I still have a lot I want to talk about that I haven't yet...I think that's making it really hard for me to focus on what exactly I want to say.  Anyway,  I'm down for the count for now.  Talk to you tomorrow!  MWAH!!!!  xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. WOOO! How exciting to have her help you! It's nice to have someone to be accountable too, so she can help you with that in person, and we can help you with that online! Did you figure out how to post pics in the blog? I can try to walk you through it if you need me too, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete